LEVEL 4 & 5 (5-7 years)
In this four semester, two year course, your child will learn:
- To recognize and play the notes of the treble clef (visually, fine motor & bodily kinesthetically)
- Read, write and play complex rhythmic patterns
- Read, write and play simple melodies
- Recognize and understand musical terms and symbols (i.e. forte, piano, tutti, stacatto, legato, treble clef, crescendo...)
- Instruments of the Orchestra--by sight, by sound and by family groups. We reinforce this by exploring and acting out the classic story of 'Peter and the Wolf'!
- About Famous Composers (Mozart, Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, Bach and Sergei Prokofeiv)
- To play their own glockenspiel, dulcimer and recorder
- We will do this through lots of musical games, listening activities, singing, dancing, instrument exploration and movement.
- The best part of Kindermusik is how much they are learning, while they THINK they are just playing!
THEY WILL ALSO EXPERIENCE
- Greater Vocal Development
- Group Ensemble Playing (with different parts!)
- The rudiments of Tap, jazz, ballet and folk dances
- Different kinds of music (classical, folk, jazz, appalachian, from a variety of countries...)
- 60 minute class, once a week
- Adult and any siblings join in for the last 10 minutes
- 15 week semesters